Search This Blog

Friday, November 1, 2013

I need to check this out!

From the USS Laffey (DD_724) Association president today:

ALL Hands:

Here is a link to watch the new video exhibit in MT 53.
This is also accompanied by lights blinking off and on and the floor has vibrators hooked up.
When the gun fires or planes crash onboard or alongside the floor vibrates. It is quite loud and very well done.
I watched this with Lee Hunt who was in the handling room below the mount during the battle.
He told me afterward that it was SUPER and IT WAS AS CLOSE TO REAL AS YOU CAN GET!!!
So, if a man that was THERE says that, it must really be a great exhibit.
Sonny

I need to go this Spring and check this out. I am proud to be a member of the Laffey Association. 

1 comment:

  1. I need to get back down there, haven't been in quite a few years...

    ReplyDelete