Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

I'm Bent!

An event that would have been unthinkable 10, 20+ years ago has happened. My cousin is restoring the Family home his Father grew up in. It has been difficult and quite frankly not cheap.

Some lowlifes broke in this past week and ripped the house off.

On top of that his Father has had a setback and about the same time was placed in an assisted living center this week. My Uncle is pushing 90 and has Diabetes. My Cousin is flying in as soon as he can from the left coast.

My Uncle back in the day at the house.


 















There is a temp service pole for electricity there. All tools were stolen. The rough in wiring for new electrical was in place and details are hard to come by if they stripped the copper or not. 

I am so pissed right now! I have never felt so impotent. For someone to come do that in My Familys home for decades I can't comprehend. 

It's getting cold there and that house was cold even with interior plaster walls. No matter. I'm ready to go spend weekends there with a kerosene heater and a sleeping bag.
I know where to hide a car there. I did it oh so many years ago. Perhaps they will be ready for a rematch? I assure you it would be different!

 
 
  

18 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear your Uncle's health had a set back. It is awful the scumbags broke into the home and stole things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That truly sucks on a monumental scale... Any chance of setting up a security system? Other than yourself and family having to go sit on the house?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, a security system presents its own challenges though. VERY isolated and LONG response from LEO, family close enough is getting too old for 0' dark thirty engagements.

      Delete
    2. Ah... Understood... dammit...

      Delete
  3. Darn, that sucks. I hope your uncle hangs in there, and I hope the damage and vandalism was minimal and you can get things back to where they were as soon as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, some lowlife thief suddenly finding himself looking down the barrel of a gun. I like that picture. Might help make sure said lowlife didn't do it again any time soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Personally, I think a gun's too good for 'em. Chainsaw.

    Sorry to hear about the troubles. Hope they're quickly overcome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I truly appreciate that. Oh we have Chainsaws too! Sometimes it might be better to not "send the very best"!

      Delete
  6. Security system with a disruptor. That would take care of them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Security system with a disruptor. That would take care of them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A security system with a disruptor should do the trick!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bastards. There is no shame anymore, is there?

    Hope your uncle is doing well, and I hope they get caught.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ugh I freaking hate thieves.
    I suggest a cyclone fence around the house and a couple of really mean junkyard dogs.
    A hot wire attached to the fence might be a "nice" afterthought.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sucks ..... last time I had to deal with thieves I'd just got home from hospital. Too weak to do a damned thing and too confused from drugs to figure anything out. Like carrion vermin ... the thieves have a sense of where weakness has set in.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Prayers for your uncle and what those felons did to your family home. I should be done with this phase of the remodel by December. I could definitely get free after the first of the year with a truck full of tools and a pair of willing hands if you find yourself in need. Maybe we can get a good old fashioned barn raising crew together.

    ReplyDelete