Search This Blog

Thursday, May 15, 2014

I Haz a Sad!

I am not a Corvette guy, but seeing the 'vetts displayed that were recovered from the Skydome sinkhole hurt my V-8, high octane operated heart.

Here is a live Webcam at the site.

Here is a pic from the other side of the Skydome:


The 40th Anniversary Ruby Red came out and is displayed. 




 
 


























No, I think that will NOT buff out! 

Status of the rides is here. GM says that they will restore. I'm ambivalant about that. For obvious reasons. 

So why the hell is there not a National Mustang Museum? Dearborn does not count! 

10 comments:

  1. I've heard they're going to incorporate the sinkhole into the museum. I may have to go down there and have a look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wanna start a National Mustang Museum? As directors, we could pay ourselves fantastic salaries. I mean, if the Wounded Warriors guys can do that, so can we, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd settle for a free Mustang each year as a member of the board of directors... We're a Ford family all the way (father-in-law was life-long tool and die machinist for Ford)...

    Dann in Ohio

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why is there not a Mustang Museum? Because, darlin', Mustangs were born to run free and wild, not sit corralled and tamed in a musty museum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I concur, but it is nice to look at some in a static setting =)

      Delete
  5. NOT being sarcastic, but for the same reason Ford doesn't keep show cars. That is profit that's not being had if they have to store things like cars, or support museums... That goes back MANY years, long before the Mustang. No original T-Birds left either... Ford doesn't 'do' history...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I beg to differ Sir! http://www.thehenryford.org/museum/exhibits.aspx

      Delete