Search This Blog

Sunday, April 14, 2013

This One Got Away

I'm OK with that. I obtained one of these this weekend. Bought online and shipped to my home FFL range. 

















A Smith and Wesson M&P 9c. 

So a basic pistol student last month has been with me every Sunday since. She is VERY logical and methodical in this journey to have a tool to defend herself. She has rented many Handguns and several others loaned by range personnel and myself to finally get to this. The deal was that if she liked it she keeps it, if not it comes home with me. 

I finally caught a glimpse of her drivers license as she rented a lane today. About the same age as my Mother. She decided to keep the Pistol. I had to bring 9mm ammo as the range is out. 

As she was confronted with the paper work on actually buying a handgun she commented that buying a house was a bit easier. She surrendered a Sheriffs office purchase permit and the deal was done. 

I walked her to her car. She asked why. I told her she was carrying a readily visible pistol box. I asked her if she was going to have this for home defense. She said yes if she could find ammo. I gave her 11 rounds of round ball. Told her the magazine holds ten and then load one in the chamber. 

I cannot over think the import of what I teach. It comes with a huge burden but is balanced with the fact that people are figuring out they are responsible for their safety.

I will keep going and I already made space in the safe for it. Guess I need to get one of the new Colt's   


        

10 comments:

  1. Good on ya Keads... And yes there is always another one out there somewhere!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It makes me smile to think chivalry is not dead, there are still knights looking out for us, and sometimes guardian angels smell like Hoppes #9.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been purchasing the Smith and Wesson M&P line from a local gun store. They are offering special prices to current and retired LEO's and Military. So far, I'm very happy with the weapons. The .380 bodyguard conceals very easily. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Randy, welcome and thank you for your service. Yes the Bodyguard is my goto pocket gun or BUG.

      Thanks!

      Delete
  4. Everybody has those now, I might have to get one! And what she said about buying a house - we just did that, so I'm looking at earlier post about sliding door security and how much nicer french doors might be...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sliding doors are a bucket of suck and fail for a lot of reasons! That was not that expensive either and I see myself on the back deck a lot more now!

      Delete