Search This Blog

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Springfield Down!

There is no malfunction drill for this. Click, no bang. Tap and rack right? Yes, but behold. 



















Broken firing pin on the Springfield SA-XD in .40 S&W. 

So do you carry a back up gun? They are mechanical devices after all. They can fail.

I know you are worried about my Springfield and the fact the firing pin is on back order. In fact almost every gun part I have ordered over the last month is so. You may be worried about my 40-fu. Never fear. 


My favorite .40 S&W. When you care enough to send the very best. A Model 4006 and as a bonus if you run out of ammo it makes for a really heavy blunt instrument


6 comments:

  1. Smart man. As Jay G keeps repeating, "two is one, and one is none."

    Well done, sir.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not usually carrying a back up gun. I agree 2 is better than one, but it is hard enough concealing one:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I understand. In your case you weigh out about 80 pounds with the M&P soaking wet right?

      Delete
  3. Yep, tools get used, and they occasionally break... +1 on Rev!

    ReplyDelete