Search This Blog

Monday, April 8, 2013

Now With 5% More Retro!

So the 2013 Mustang needed some more retro styling. As if it did not have enough right? Got these in today.

















Rear window "classic" louvers. We shall see if the 3M trim adhesive gods smile upon my handy work. Not as cool as these though.




 













We are not done just yet. FoMoCo put a rubber ducky antenna on the ride? Seriously?  I acquired one of these for terrestrial reception now. 


































In other retro news see the bronze bushings up there with the new aluminum antenna for the new ride? Door hinge rebuild kits for the 1971. If the current pins have worn through the bushings then weld the holes up and start over. The reproductions are crap and the doors are really heavy! 

I can't replace the anntenna on the '13 unless I have an antenna removal tool. For some reason its on back order. I have resisted temptation to go at it with a pair of needle nose pliers!  

 

8 comments:

  1. Still looks damned good. Murphy says that he wants to ride with his head out the window for a few miles, or at least past the house down the block with the two poodles in the yard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ML! Tell Murphy sure. We will go for a ride! A young friend of mine stated that I am 50% complete on the mid-life crisis.

      Delete
  2. Looking GOOD! And yeah, wait for the tool to tear the antenna out... :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks NFO! I know, I know, wait on the correct tool. There is nothing like destroying a part, scratching up the paint and cussing though =)

      Delete
  3. What Murphy's Law said. I wouldn't turn down a ride in either of them. (Had a '65, back in the day, and still miss it a bit.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Why thanks! I'm glad everyone here approves it appears removal would be a bit more problematic now.

      Delete