Search This Blog

Monday, May 31, 2010

Ah, now we know why!

I moved into stately manor almost 4 years ago. I love this place! I mean the view from the porch is not bad!

Shortly after moving in though I became plagued with sinus congestion and related ailments. After 2 CT scans, a boatload of antibiotics, and related efforts someone decided an allergist might be a good idea. 

I am allergic to these:

The house dust mite. To be correct, I am not allergic to them, just the fecal matter they excrete.

Although this method of eradication may be emotionally therapeutic it would probably be expensive and may concern the neighbors somewhat:
Anybody have any tips on reducing the population of house dust mites other than the ones illustrated above?

I know the first step is to get rid of this hideous carpet. It's everywhere except the kitchen and laundry room.

6 comments:

  1. You could always move back to WS

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I could I would rid myself of carpets as soon as I moved in. Not always possible though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @USA- True that! I had other overriding priorities for this property. A roof, a heat pump, a deck, you get the idea! So now I can turn my attention to this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Get yourself some plastic liners to cover your bed. When you change the bedding you can wipe off the micro size droppings. Crinkle, crinkle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Supi- I hate the Crinkle, Crinkle! I have not fully researched your blogs, but I know you are an artist. There is a painting of a young Indian brave asleep on his horse on guard for the tribe at one of my work places. Love it! Do you know this painting? I would love to have some of your work here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you have the right idea with the hand gun !

    ReplyDelete