Search This Blog

Monday, November 5, 2012

Raw Video from Downrange

Remember this Browning BDA-380We replaced the trigger spring and tested.  We also tested the drone.  A couple of things stood out.  I need to figure out how to actually fly the thing and do video editing!

No sound.  Not a feature of the thing.  I get that.  File sizes get huge when sound is added.  So I send my friend Alex out to test the BDA.  Even though he calls me "old dude", he is a friend and if he stops giving me grief over my range bag, what I am wearing etc. I know I have made him mad.  

So here is the first video from downrange.  THERE WAS NO ONE down range.  Sheesh. I need to say that. 


  

Oh, Mr. Curmudgeon painted down range a couple of years ago.  It seems to be holding up!   

8 comments:

  1. Have you ever done much R/C flying or driving? You're subject to what's called "Control Reversal" where you tend to steer the wrong direction depending on if the vehicle is coming towards you, or going away from you.
    And I don't know if you little drone has any stabilizing equipment onboard or not, but hovering is one of the hardest things you can do in a helicopter, whether it's full-sized, or a model.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, good point drjim! The thing seems to have an "absolute control" setting that will make that go away. We shall see.

      Delete
  2. Drone...mounted...firearm.

    You want to try it.

    You know you do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you flipped it my tummy instantly complained...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are going to have soo much fun with that thing. I am green with envy!

    ReplyDelete