Search This Blog

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Photographs

George Eastman in 1888 said: "you press the button, we do the rest". How far we have come. What was unheard of became common place. Take a picture and see it right now.






















One of the best compliments I have received lately came from the consummate wordsmith and photographer Brigid. It went sorta like "I always enjoy reading about the training and the firearms but your photos just keep getting better and better. Bravo!" Well thank you young lady. I do try. I have spent a lot more attention to the operation of the humble camera of late. 

Some photos are carefully staged by artists. The results are amazing.  

Lighting, costumes, the contrast between light and shadows all perfectly staged.

















The picture was taken in 1984.  No heavy post production editing going on here. This was taken by one of my Cousins.  He still works the camera today for a living. Take a look at a picture recently taken by him at his Website here. 

Of course he is running a camera that costs at least as much as oh, three new Colt Defenders, but he knows when to push the button, much as with a Colt. 

What was once an event became common place.  We all started capturing casual moments in time. A dear friend noticed here that I am starting a photo journey down the main hall here.



 

 

 


 






From 1979 to 2007.  Canada to the Blue Ridge mountains

From the Mountains of Southwest Virgina. I place I love so much.




 

  









Providence Station is no longer here.  The Courthouse in Independence VA is however. I love the shot of the church steeple sticking out of the mountain. 

A cruise with a friend 4 or so years ago. 




  











And for now? A blank slate awaits. 

















I seek more casual moments in time.

 
 



 

6 comments:

  1. Photography is fun, and AS expensive as shooting... sigh... I need to find cheaper hobbies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me and you both NFO! Hobbies are expensive!

      Delete
  2. Digging around mom's house cleaning, I still haven't found all the pictures that dad took when they were still married. He was big into photography and developing. My baby picture was his first color print. Hope the pictures are still there somewhere.

    Oh, hubby liked the pictures of how the Enfield stock restoration turned out! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell hubby thanks! And thank you. The wood came out really well IMHO.

      Delete
  3. Good photos indeed. I get comments on the landscapes from Alaska at my site, but more because Alaska is photogenic than any skill of mine. You, on the other hand, have a real talent.

    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I don't know about that Shepard. I seem to be taking more time with the camera.

      Oh, yeah, I can see where your State is a bit more dramatic than mine photo wise!

      Delete