Search This Blog

Monday, November 12, 2012

Fuel gods are NOT happy...

Sigh... I should have seen it coming though.  As messed up as the carburetor was, I should have gone ahead and replaced the fuel pump. 






















It of course failed shortly after reinstalling the carb.  Diaphragm toasted. During removal one of the happy bolts with integral lock washers shed a good chunk of washer.  Sigh... I could rig something up, but that would mean trouble down the road.  

















So I go to work today and tell my friends about the bolt problem.  One of my friends says he has the correct FoMoCo bolts and he owes me for a correct choke cable I gave him so long ago.  It seems having friends is one thing, having friends that sorta have the same hobbies as you is even more a win win! 

The mental trap I get into with these cars is summed up as one friend says to another: "Dude you don't understand. These cars look like if you went to the showroom and said I want that one, they look just like that".  True enough, but both restorations are past the twenty year mark.   




 








I can see flaws, but to most they go unnoticed.  Sigh... Waiting on fuel pump bolts! 

 


9 comments:

  1. Don't forget to torque the flammiflage arrester arm to interplanetary docimeter standards or you'll get a blowout when you shift into max factor.

    And that twofold manifester is looking a little worn as well. Best to check it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm waiting on the retro encabulator dang it!

      Delete
  2. Okay, Six wins the intarwebz for humor, so I'll just say I'm glad you found a source for the part(s) you need. I just hate waiting on others to provide the info or stuff I need. Frustrating, no?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rev. Paul. Lu says that when I'm feeling particularly witty I'm only half right!

      Delete
    2. Very frustrating if you have a block of time and geared up to do it!

      Delete
  3. Score on those bolts! Good luck with the continued repairs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, yeah, been there, done that... Reminds me of a story about spare parts... :-)

    ReplyDelete