Search This Blog

Friday, November 23, 2012

So Tam Throws Out a Commercial..

Here and someone comments on the moving magnetic media they insert into the vehicle to get the music going. Hey.  I get that.  I have been from here:

















Original  AM radio from the 1971 Mustang to here:



Music beamed "FROM SPACE"!

I have been through every other evolution though.

Lets try this:



Yeah. Cassette tape.  I still have them.  They still work.

This one was recorded in 1988. 

   















You really had to be good to fast forward to the next song though

We will not talk about this unit.








Underdash FM tuner and 8 track player.   

I thought  it would be cooler to stuff it into the console.  I did. in 1978. 

  

10 comments:

  1. In the late 80s I bought a 1973 Volkwagen Beetle that had an 8-track player...and a Kool and the Gang cassette was permanently stuck in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Well that was the best that could happen, right?

      Delete
  2. I bought one of those add-on, plug-in FM units when in high school. I was driving a '65 Dodge Custom 880 with a 383 ... no A/C, though. The good ol', bad ol' days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. The good old days are now filtered with nostalgia.

      Delete
  3. LOL, yep we've seen a few changes; but nothing like what our parents saw... Dawn of flight to landing on the moon! Sadly, when my hearing started going I got rid of my cassettes and 8 tracks. Dumb!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got that right NFO. Everything we see now are just small improvements.

      Delete
  4. I kept a pack of matches in my Chevelle just to put under the 8-track tapes that dragged when played.

    Ah, memories.

    Great picture btw. You are a sexy, sexy man Kelly!!
    Not that there's anything wrong with noting that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah you had to have the shim on the 8 tracks when things went bad.

      Dude. You ARE in Utah right? =)

      That pic was from the 70's. I now live in the Fortress of Solitude. I seemed to have burned out quickly on the sexiness =) .

      Delete
  5. I put an FM converter in my '68 Cutlass SS so I could listen to WHFS and other "album" stations. The stock AM radio could pull in signals from Montreal to Ft. Wayne. After dark on winter nights Radio Havana would step all over the local station at 630kHz.
    Dad's '69 Mustang (which he still has) had an aftermarket 8-track mounted on the hump forward of the shifter. It was removed during the restoration.
    Still play cassettes on an '80s vintage boom-box when feeling nostalgic. On road trips I'll strap the box down and cruse to Lighthouse, BTO, Steeleye Span ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, the old tunes still will get me going. In the '13 Mustang it feels much the same as in the '71.

      Delete