Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

From the Bench....

First congratulations to my new shooters and CCH class students over the past weekend. Y'all rocked! 

Here is a sad Browning BDA-380. The BDA-380 was introduced in 1977 and discontinued in 1997. This one was manufactured in 1981. 

It is one of Mr. Curmudgeons favorite handguns. I can understand why.  It is a "sweetness and light" kind of pistol. Fun to shoot, works great, and the bullets go where you point it. 

For now however we have this:




  








A broken trigger spring. I await the replacement! 

Remember the Easy-Off Enfield wood? Just got the second coat of Lin-Speed on it tonight. Sorry for the really bad pics, but it should give an idea on how far the wood has come. 




 






















I 'll knock the stuff back with 0000 steel wool and see how it looks, but so far so good! 





16 comments:

  1. That wood looks amazing. I'll have to remember that trick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job on the wood. Hurry and finish and bring it up here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I will Murph! Need some ancillary hardware to complete!

      Delete
  3. What's a good way to say "I can't wait to get my hands on your wood." without sounding really, really...really gay?

    Seriously, nice wood you've got there.

    *facepalm*

    Now I'm not going to even be able to say "I want to shoot your gun." without you looking at me funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uh, dude. Just stop or I will send the sloth from another dimension to eat your pistol =)

      Delete
  4. Purty! Not the busted spring, the wood.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always enjoy reading about the training and the firearms but your photos just keep getting better and better. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, I don't really know who to blame on the attention to the photos I now take. Perhaps my Blog Mother *cough cough* and North's Blog? I have the Canon SX130 IS that I was told you used some time ago.

      Still trying to figure it out!

      Delete