Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Laserlyte Plinking Cans.

I finally got around to playing with these things. I loaded the training cartridge in my Smith and Wesson M&P 9mm and set these things out. The videos are my true first runs with them for better or worse and to make it more interesting I switched to a course of night fire with the Crimson Trace Lightguard only and the transition to the Trijicon night sights, the first time I have ever shot with both low light tools. 

First, day fire:



I have to rack the Pistol to fire multiple shots so I practice the tap rack malfunction drill. I might need to remove a follower on a mag instead of hitting the empty well. 

Then night fire:


That was humbling. Yeah I know I'm probably holding it wrong too. 

Impressions? They are fun and demanding targets. The fact I can actually practice night fire is an added bonus! 

FTC disclaimer. I paid for everything here so pound sand, OK?

UPDATE!

Someone asked. I was about 7 yards away and the camera was much closer to the cans. FYI. Some say the cans do not work in bright light. So far I have not seen that. 

6 comments:

  1. That looks like fun. I think I see some of those in my not to distant future.
    don't be to hard on yourself re: the night shooting.
    I saw the laser flash on the cans...and your target is highly likely to be larger than a tomato paste can. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks kx! Yeah, but my times to first hit on target suck.

      Delete
  2. Humbling is right... But I'm ordering them too... sigh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that a ... bread box??? Looks like the one I had growing up.

    ReplyDelete