Search This Blog

Monday, February 17, 2014

Tonight on Single Guy Kitchen!

You will laugh, you will cry, you will be amazed! 

Well, maybe not. An experiment. You have to understand that in my professional life things are pretty much a binary solution set. 01 plus 01 equals 10. Cooking is WAY more analog in my opinion. 

Tonight I took this:


After searing some meat in the pan with garlic and then adding the broth and onions (I think its called deglazing or some such). I poured that over this in a crock pot for lunch and freezing later. 



 We shall see what happens. 

I do try in the kitchen, I have some great cookbooks.





 





















I have a problem though. It would be this:



Whomever designed this abomination to the culinary arts I hope dies in a crotch fire! Digital PID control for temp? Are you kidding? For those that don't know what that means is that you can set the temperature control on "medium" and the burner will go wide open 50% of the time and cut off for  a period of time then go back to wide open.  You go from everything burning to stone cold. Repeatedly. 

Its tough enough for me to do this well with GOOD equipment. Less alone this. I welcome my new natural gas overlords! 


16 comments:

  1. Oh, Lordy......how I HATE electric stoves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I have to ask, why in the wide wide world of sports are you cooking rabbit food??? If you don't have time to grill steaks, at least cook a burger, man! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. I have a grill and can do that! Hey! There is 2 pounds of beef in there though =)

      Delete
  3. One tip for crock potting and taters - leave em whole. The long cook turns taters into mush, usually. As a non-cook, you can avoid this by getting cans of cooked whole taters and add after the fact...

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. Gas is the only way to cook. I hate electric/induction/etc.
    2. What is the plastic in the crockpot?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The plastic is a Reynolds slow cooker liner.

      Delete
  5. Looks good except for the plastic... I second Jon's #2.

    And I'd SO love to have a gas-top range.

    ReplyDelete