Search This Blog

Sunday, January 26, 2014

First World Problem

So I turn the 1971 Mustang over today in preparation for a car show at work Thursday. On the plus side, the Holley electric choke seems to be working for once. "Mary" has always been cold natured and a choke that works is a blessing!

On the other hand it seems that working these controls is less than optimal now. 









That is a stock photo from the Interwebz. My controls still have the felt covering the levers. I could not get full heat to the floor vents. Sigh.... A vacuum motor is stuck or dry rotted. Of course, THIS motor is not readily accessible. 








































Number 7 on the hit parade up there! 

No matter. If that is all I can complain about on this ride, I am blessed. I know everything about this car from this date:




I will fix it! 














 






11 comments:

  1. Nice problem to have, I'm thinking...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good on ya! I so hate getting into anything behind the dash like that, and that includes the vacuum systems that do climate control magic. You're a better man than I.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ML, trust me. The older stuff is MUCH easier to work on!

      Delete
  3. I'd buy three at that price these days...

    Dann in Ohio

    ReplyDelete
  4. GRAON.....I've spent too much time upside-down, on my back, under a dash!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh hell, that is NOT going to be fun, upside down, stuffing yourself under the dash... I'm too old for that...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NFO, I might just pull the whole thing out and replace the heater core, the box and the A/C evaporator if I'm going to the trouble. The A/C has been off line for years.

      Delete
    2. That would make sense, as you are keeping the car. Because once you drop all that stuff, there WILL be other things that are found either now or later...

      Delete