Search This Blog

Thursday, August 19, 2010

EEK!

On my way home tonight, the faithful daily driver started to "stutter" at speed, idle rough and generally let me know that even after the A/C love it deemed itself not happy.

Before car manufacturers all went to the On Board Diagnostics-II (ODB-II) drive train management system, it was pretty much "roll your own" between the manufactures. My little beater has the Ford Electronic Engine Control - 4 computer. A less sophisticated system to be sure the car has a traditional distributor, so this little gizmo mainly keeps up with air/fuel stuff. Everyone that has an "EEC4" however will have this experience: "EEEKKKKK" oh no, please get me home! I will fix it I promise! Please get me home! She did and the only time she did not it was because there was a new Honda Civic hood ornament attached at speed to the front. Not her fault!

I came home to two really large limbs broken off from my huge oak out front. So far this has been one of these weeks!

And for now back to this:


 I think I have lost a cylinder. Could be a lot of things!

No comments:

Post a Comment