Search This Blog

Monday, November 1, 2010

So Today I get this....

Someone cross linked to this post. OK, fair enough. We get this comment post on their blog....


"Shotgun and blinding light. They first get to see the shotgun, then you dazzle them with the blinding light for the rest of the time they’re on your porch. The one you’re dazzling will be unable to respond effectively, and the home invasion has then lost it’s point man.
As for me, I’ll risk being an asshole (get called one almost everyday on my blog anyway), and order the oh-dark-thirty guy off my porch and out of my yard, on penalty of arrest and worse. I WILL inform the interloper that I have a gun and am prepared to use it.
If it was me, I’d NOT have lit up the house: you’ve just backlighted yourself, a tactical no-no.
In earlier times, I’d have slipped out the back or side door and made ninja-war in my darkened yard, but I’m getting a bit old for that sort of thing."

WOW! Ninja! Shades of some other stuff. I usually do not feed the trolls, but traffic was such I felt I had to respond. Here is my comment back:

"I do not work for the door manufacturer, but info on the door is: http://www.larsondoors.com/storm_doors/products/349_20

I DO have honest people looking for help here occasionally. I want to do right by them. The use of deadly force to repel a trespasser is not allowed here, nor would I want to. The act of pointing a firearm here can be construed at best simple assault and at worse use of deadly force. I don’t need to risk all of that if I do not have to.

If I leave the house it is because I must. Why would I leave the surroundings I am most familiar with and an intruder does not?

Rivrdog, do as you see fit for your situation as will I.

“To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy’s resistance without fighting.”
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War

You experienced bloggers deal with this stuff every day?

If you do, thanks for your support for my humble efforts!

No comments:

Post a Comment