Search This Blog

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Retro Sunday.. The LP and Cassette

I sold high end stereos back in the day. There was just as much over sold techno-babble then as now. 500 dollar turntable cartridges at retail that at cost were under 50 bucks. The only thing I can say was worth the money were half speed mastered LP's. Such as this one:
 
  So I recorded this album onto cassette.




















The date is correct. 1996. The words and music to me are timeless however. I spun the Nakamichi CR-2A up tonight and got this:



Reminds me of someone!  Yes I can hear the scratches on the album on the cassette. So much the better.

Oh, hurry! I just got a warning from Sony that I may be violating copyright thingies! Sheesh! I bought the album and CD and so now what! 

 

4 comments:

  1. "Magic Man" is one of those songs on my ipod that gets cranked up loud to drown out my off key voice as I sing along while driving home from work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And it STILL sounds good, and brings back a few memories too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Maura- LOL! One of the requirements I have for a sound system is that it can be turned up loud enough to drown my voice out too while "singing" to use the term loosely!

    @ Supi- It's mostly old stuff but gets the job done.

    @ NFO- Thanks!

    ReplyDelete