Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Product reviews

You may have seen these before, but.....

I was looking around today for a Layer 3 switch. A Layer 3 switch is a marketing term for a multiport router in my opinion, but I need one. Saw one on Amazon and the review was hilarious! Here is an excerpt:
"I used to hate network uptime. When the LAN was up for more than a few days at a time, I would get angry and punchy.

That has all changed, friends.

Now that I have the Netgear GSM7324, I don't have to worry about the network being up for too long; it automatically kills the LAN on it's own.

The best part is, it is totally unpredictable, so each time my users yell "Hey, I can't get to wiki" or "Is there something wrong with the Internet?", it's like a special surprise for everybody.

I mean really, do you really _need_ access to your gateway while trying to commit CVS at the end of the day? And who wants to be able to read email while at work? It's much better to pay a bunch of software engineers and marketing consultants to sit idle while the IT guy is power cycling all the switches on the network trying to clear up whatever happy fun issue is taking down LAGs and VLANs one by one.

Sure, I could have bought a Cisco, but that drab bluegreygreen color totally clashes with my server room. Also, there is my hatred of a stable network to consider."  Link.

Then my old standby the Denon A/V cable ($9000.00 cable):

"Transmission of music data at rates faster than the speed of light seemed convenient, until I realized I was hearing the music before I actually wanted to play it. Apparently Denon forgot how accustomed most of us are to unidirectional time and the general laws of physics. I tried to get used to this effect but hearing songs play before I even realized I was in the mood for them just really screwed up my preconceptions of choice and free will. I'm still having a major existential hangover. " Link.

Tuscan Whole Milk: " With Tuscan, you feel the love of every dairyperson involved -- from the somewhat sad and deranged farmhand shovelling steaming cowpies to the bored union milk maiden dreaming of leaving this soul crushing life behind for a job waiting tables for obnoxious American tourists in Siena. But not too fast -- sip gently, slowly, or one is in danger of not only missing the subtleties of the milk's texture and its terroir, but -- if chilled too long -- also of giving oneself a blinding ice cream headache." Link.

3 comments:

  1. The comments to all of these are funny.

    Did you check out the prices for a gallon of milk?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL~I havent seen these before! Funny~Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like they had a mighty broad cast storm. Or a problem with vlan configuration... Course network is down means IT is up and about, can't sit around playing solitaire for too long.

    ReplyDelete