Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Newbie Question

Lets suppose for a minute someone acquires an evil black rifle AR-15 carbine. Like so:


And they want to mount this on it:







The sight has a Weaver mount, the AR has Picatinny rail. I'm thinking I need a Weaver to Picatinny converter?

Sigh... I am a newbie to this platform, allow me to "shine my ignorance"!  Long guns I am no stranger to, this platform though I confess to being a newbie.

PS, If any Fanbois show up and say stuff like "Hey that's not even a Colt, Umarex made it!" or  "You could have at least gotten a real one and got the conversion kit for it." or "Whats a matter, can't handle a REAL cartridge?". Three words for ya: "Lighten up Francis". I can shoot this in indoor ranges, its cheap to shoot, and looks like it will be fun. Colt has farmed out lots of things in the past as well.

4 comments:

  1. Can't help you with the tech information, but "Lighten up Francis" made my day!

    Of course it i 4:59 a.m. so perhaps it made my yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe if you get a weaver-to-picatinny adapter it may also raise the sight up high enough to co-witness on the front? I understand some people like that, having the front sight in the bottom 1/3rd of the dot-sight area.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreee with DirtCrash... Co-witness is not a bad idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ North- Time travel IS possible huh? Thanks for getting the reference!

    @ Dirt and NFO- I agree- thanks for the tip! More info to follow!

    ReplyDelete