Search This Blog

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Rebirth

A timeless story. One of great faith, love, sacrifice, death, and renewal. One of literally life from lifelessness. It has been told for centuries and was one of the first I read.






















My first Bible. 


















And the last. That one was given to me during my High School graduation. 

Once again after the bleak barren winter, the Earth renews, showing new life. It mirrors the story very well. The previous owners of my house planted a variety of flowers and trees. Today, my gift was this:















I remember my Father asking me as we were tooling around the mountains of Southwestern Virginia on a Easter Sunday asking me if I knew the meaning of Easter. I could not have been much more than 10 years old. I told him simply that Jesus arose from the tomb.

Could you imagine any movie today starting like this?






Whatever you did or are doing today I hope you have had a wondrous day with friends and family.

 

9 comments:

  1. I hope you had a great Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I hope you had a great one too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - I have seen the movie, but I don't remember that into...

    I hope you had a joyful Easter. I was delighted as I sat in church yesterday and overheard the mother with a restless youngster next to me. She pulled out the misselette with the day's scripture reading and "read" it to her daughter, telling her the story of the day, and engaging her in a back and forth about it - the little girl, who looked to be between 3 and 4 was real clear on the idea that the tomb was empty and that Jesus lives, and that the day is about way more than bunnies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very random, but I followed your blog over from MSgt B's place. I was wondering what a PLC is. And then I saw my childhood Bible! Nice. . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. NavyOne- Welcome! Here is a PLC for ya! http://keads-anotherday.blogspot.com/2011/12/whew-almost-done.html

    ReplyDelete