Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

I Missed the Fiddler's Convention

It was last week. I doubt these guys were there. 



There is another close to there this weekend. Can't make that one either. I used to go decades ago. Hey, you have to learn how to flatfoot from someone right? I want to see if they still do the greased pig contest. I doubt it.

There used to be a nightclub in Galax that ended the night with all the lights going on and they played this:



Its long gone. I miss that. 



 


 

7 comments:

  1. My wife's friend won the old time fiddle category. Did you ever hear of the Crooked Road Tour? This fellow was one of the artists on it.

    His name is Eddie Bond.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Congrats to Mr. Bond. Sorry I did not see him play.

      Delete
  2. Yep, they're a pickin and a grinnin... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Used to love the Charlotte Folk Music Festival back in the late 1980's at Latta Plantation Park.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! If I have to pick it, I'm heading up the mountain =)

      Delete