Search This Blog

Saturday, May 24, 2014

Old school audio!

Throw another fuel rod in the pile or throw some more coal in the boiler. I fired this up tonight. 


It is a Denon PMA-1080R Amplifier. A very old school amp and one of the last acutually made in Japan before Denon "whored the market." So what is it doing? Running these:


  






















The extremely inefficient sub woofers, the Pyramid 8W's

Meh, no matter. I will bow to the inevitable soon enough with a powered sub, but dang. I love these 30 year old things. The neighbors, well maybe not so much!

 

2 comments:

  1. LOL, but that old stuff STILL works! Nothing in the world wrong with it, other than the power draw... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't help. I'll always have a special place in my heart for old school audio.

    ReplyDelete