Search This Blog

Friday, July 26, 2013

If It's Good Enough for the Devil Dogs.....

It should be good enough for me! I picked this up today. I wonder whats in here?



















One of these!


















Yep! A brand spanking new Colt M45 1911 currently going to the USMC as well. Hey. I know the Berretta 92FS and all of that. It shoots fine but is well, butt ugly. This thing looks great! 




 













I have never owned a pistol that has gone through the Colt Custom Shop. We shall compare to its older smaller sister:























I can't wait! The Commander I bought new for 400 bucks in *cough* 80 something*cough* One thing I know for sure right now when you shake this one it DOES NOT sould like a baby rattle (not that there is anything wrong with that =) Full report tomorrow!






21 comments:

  1. Boy, they thoroughly de-horned that USMC gun, didn't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Stephen! AAR up later! Short version: "Sweetness and Light".

      Delete
  3. Nice get there I like that alot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man...Bring it here when you come!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh ML, with all the cool toys you and NFO whip out I HAD to try to represent this year!

      Delete
  5. OH wow - I so want one of those. Lucky guy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're gonna like it! Just sayin...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, its sweetness and light! I might have to try the Colt you gave me again. Works about the same!

      Delete
  7. Very nice indeed. Looks like a worthy addition to your collection.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I kinda miss the rattle of the 1911's I carried as my duty weapon till Uncle Sugar made me turn it in for an M-9...

    ReplyDelete