Search This Blog

Thursday, March 29, 2012

If you are going to drink the Kool-Aid....

You might as well go back and get another glass of the stuff! I remember when I had a malfunction on my Colt at uh, Blackwater, USTC, uh, whatever they call themselves now. I will continue training and as they say: "two is one and one is none". So I rambled off to the Metropolis and picked this up.


 
The last thing I want to happen while traveling and spending money for instruction on a Handgun is to play Gunsmith on a broken Pistol!  Much easier to grab another and get back to it. Sigh.... Off to order the Apex stuff for the new one. 

As the most interesting man on the planet says, stay thirsty my friends! 

 

8 comments:

  1. Dude! I might have gone with another M&P9 and installed new sight's and trigger but you jumped in with both feet. Regardless, having a spare gun at a firearms training course is prudent. Some folk's I know take three or four of the same or near the same pistol's, shotguns or rifle's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad I'm not the only one who thinks this way. Of course, mine aren't the VTAC models; the spares are the compact models. They shoot as well as the fullsize versions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did the exact same thing. My favorite "range gun" is the Glock 17 Gen3. Since a have a Suarez Intl course coming up in a couple of weeks, and I have around a dozen magazines already, I picked up a second one. You are absolutly right, would hate to waste a day of a course with a gun out of commission!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Magazine/holster compatibility is a wonderful thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, you DID drink the Kool-aid :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes indeed, two IS one and one IS none. Truer words were never spoken.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, 44 oz of the stuff. I always bring a spare gun if I'm going to training, but I don't have two of the exact same one, lol.

    ReplyDelete