Search This Blog

Friday, October 9, 2015

Stuff You Don't Know

Huh. I just talked to Mr. Curmudgeon about the Winchester Model 94 Classic in 30-30 here. He reports he acquired it *cough* 30+ years ago and has never shot it.

We will rectify that tomorrow!  And yes it is a shunned after 1964 Model but guess what. It is here. We will go shoot it. Shooting long guns in a 25 yard indoor range is sorta like kissing your cousin. You don't want anyone to know you did it, but at least we can see if the thing functions and if it does, well. I'll stretch it out at Murph's Blogshoot

Oh, I will not be shooting these though! They came with the rifle. 

 

6 comments:

  1. Before you shoot that box of almost pristine 30 year old ammunition, you might want to check and see if it has any collector value as is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, we are not going to shoot these for sure!

      Delete
  2. Those will work. Still. Good Shootin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, you'll never replace them at that price!

    I have about 800 rounds of 30-30 that I've acquired over the years. I found my Marlin 336 likes 150 gr bullets for the best accuracy.

    ReplyDelete