Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

1 ADAM 12 See the man!

I know some things about restoring a first generation Mustang. I will never compete in the MCA shows. I can get it close but will never push a car out of a trailer. They all were driven to the shows back in the day. 

I was stunned when I went down this rabbit hole today for some reason. 


Yeah there are people trying to recreate the squad car from the TV show ADAM 12. This got my attention:


  
Yeah they go that deep. Its one thing to restore a 40 year old car correctly. It has to be more difficult to add the correct  police hardware!

The big thing I got from this was that someone is making repro License plates for cars. They are pricey, but dang. I love the fact I can do so if I wish! 

If you want to see the Dodges, AMC, and other stuff from the TV show go to the link.

7 comments:

  1. Man, I remember when we'd throw those old Motorola controls heads out by the basketful!

    I had half a dozen I cut up for other projects, and eventually they all found their way to the landfill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, I remember when we used to throw those old Motorola control heads out by the basketfull.

    I had half a dozen I cut up for other projects, and eventually they, too, found their way to the landfill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dude, If I have the space to hold onto stuff from 40 years ago and put it on Ebay now? Dang.

      Delete
  3. Pricey maybe, but definitely cool. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, junk is now priceless... sigh

    ReplyDelete