Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Never Forget.....

From the USS Laffey Association President comes this sad news:

"Attention All Hands:
Today, I was informed of the passing of another of our WWII heroes.
Larry Delewski passed away on Wednesday Sept. 16, 2010.
Larry was awarded the Bronze Star for bravery during the battle at Okinawa.
I met with Larry a couple of months ago and he was in good spirits.
Ed Fitzsimmons e-mailed me last night and told me that he saw the obit in the newspaper.
We will honor Larry at the reunion memorial service.
I certainly hope that Patriots Point can get the Laffey back home soon while we still have some veterans left to see her move once more.
Sonny"

Godspeed and following winds to you sailor. Requiescat in pace Sir and thank you for your service to this country. It will not be forgotten.

2 comments: